The next Whatcom County Council meeting will be held this Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 7.p.m.
Whatcom County Council meetings are held every other Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers at 311 Grand Ave., Bellingham, WA. Click the graphic link to view the “2015 Agendas, Action Taken, Minutes and Audio” page. Select the most recent agendas to view upcoming meeting information and dates.
Below is information from the agenda listing the Consent Agenda items for October 13.
CONSENT AGENDA Items under this section of the agenda may be considered in a single motion. Councilmembers have received and studied background material on all items. Committee review has taken place on these items, as indicated. Any member of the public, administrative staff, or council may ask that an item be considered separately.
(From Finance and Administrative Services Committee)
1. Request authorization for the County Executive to enter into a project agreement (project #14- 1127D) with the Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office for grant funding for replacement of the HVAC system for the indoor range at the Plantation Rifle Range, in the amount of $144,900 (AB2015-298)
Pages 37 – 69
2. Request authorization for the County Executive to enter into a contract amendment between Whatcom County and the Northwest Regional Council to extend the contract currently provided to the Jail and Work Center to provide a limited number of hours (15-20) of basic nursing services to Juvenile Detention and add approximately 20 hours of nursing services to the downtown jail, in the amount of $28,421 (AB2015-299)
Pages 70 – 76
3. Request authorization for the County Executive to enter into a cooperative agreement between Whatcom County and the Commodity Credit Corporation for the purchase of development rights for two easements through their Agricultural Easement Program grant, in the amount of $177,500 (AB2015-300)
Pages 77 – 129
4. Request authorization for the County Executive to enter into a contract between Whatcom County and the Whatcom Community Foundation for the Purchase of Development Rights easements through their Sustainable Whatcom Funds grant, in the amount of $200,000 (AB2015-301) Pages 130 – 135
5. Request approval for the County Executive to have Public Works purchase a replacement heavy-duty brush chipper using Washington State Contract #01212 from vendor D & L Waste Equipment, dba PCI Waste and Recycling Equipment, for a total expenditure of $51,662.31 (AB2015-302) Pages 136 – 138
6. Request authorization for the County Executive to enter into a local agency agreement with the Washington Department of Transportation to receive federal funding for the replacement of the Bertrand Creek Bridge No. 50 on West Badger Road (AB2015-303) Pages 139 – 147